Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Abrazo del Toro-Syrah (Spain)


One of my great passions is drinking sub-$10 wine from Trader Joes. I picked up this Syrah from Spain (Abrazo Del Toro) for around $7 and I will tell you that this is one of my favorite wines. When you pour it out, it’s a deep red color- almost purple. It smells almost berry like, but when you taste it you are surprised by how mellow and balanced it is. It’s not too sweet nor is it filled with tannins. I would say that it is so well balanced that you set it on a tightrope and it would stand upright. Normally, I am a big fan of the South American Malbecs; but I would have to give this wine high marks. This will certainly make it into my regular wine rotation.

2 comments:

  1. Went to a party and someone brought the Abrazo Syrah, no one knew anything about this wine. Most people were saying that it could be a $25 to $30 bottle. After a Pepsi challenge against a number of wines priced in the $30 range the Abrazo won every time. This is a great wine at this price point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great wine.....trader joe doesn't carrying it anymmore so they lost my wine purchasing for sure......great wine for great value, little fruity, smooth great DRINKING!!

    ReplyDelete