Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10/14/2009 (Firefly Martini, Cava Segura Viudas Brut Reserva, Barefoot Pinot Noir)

First off, its my 3rd Wedding anniversary. Go Me. To kick off the evening, I started with a Firefly Martini. Ok, its really a tea-flavored-vodka gimlet, but I think the former name has more panache'. Its 1 1/2 oz Firefly vodka, 1/2 oz Roses, shaken with ice, strained into a cocktail glass, garnished with a cherry. Hows it taste? Not bad. Kinda like the south; sweet tea, alcholholic, and vaguely racist. My next one will have less lime juice; maybe 1:4 ratio instead of 1:3 perhaps. More about Firefly: its a Tea flavored vodka I found at Target. (Yes, Target. In Missouri you can sell hard liquor anywhere. Fuck your oppressive liquor laws Ohio.) Retails for $19.99. Not bad for a novelty vodka. It makes excellent gimlets if I can say so. It also goes well with lemonade, but thats a little too froofy I think. I want to keep this liquor blod a little more old school drunkard; but one could say I already with the introduction of Firefly vodka. Those people can go to hell.

For dinner we went to Sapphire's Resteraunt in Jefferson City. I had the rack of lamb and D. had the duck breast in a blueberry sauce. This blog ain't about the food though. We split a bottle of Spanish Brut; Cava Segura Brut Reserva. $22 at the resteraunt, but I am sure that it retails for half that. Overall good. fairly dry, tasty. It made a nice appetizer, went well with dinner,and made a fine desert. For those cheap bastards who have graduated from Osti Spumante and Andre and whatnot; I highly recommend.

Finishing the night is a Pinot Noir from Barefoot. $6 dollars at Target I think. Not terrible, but not something to get excited about. Spend your money at Trader Joes on one of their pinots instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment